At St. Mary's we're committed to the well-being of the children and vulnerable adults in our care.
- All of our adult helpers are DBS checked
- We have a designated Safeguarding Officer named Jill Hannington, tel: 01993 831827, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We follow the Diocesan Good Practice Guide For Church Workers With Children And Young People and our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
- We follow the Diocesan Good Practice Guide for Church Work with Vulnerable Adults
- We are supported by the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, who can be contacted here.
- Our adult helpers receive Diocesan safeguarding training, and the Training Portal login area can be found here.
If our clergy, church wardens, volunteers or any member of the congregation have any safeguarding concerns, these must be immediately reported as follows:
Important contact numbers:
In an emergency: call 999
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Jill Hannington, 01993 831827, email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Officer: Stuart Nimmo, 01865 208290, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicar: James Kennedy, 01608 646202
Churchwardens: Tim Woolcock/Graham Povey, email@example.com
Oxfordshire County Council (Children): Kingfisher Team (sexual exploitation), 01865 309196/ MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Services), 0345 050 7666
Local Authority (Adults): Find info, including how to report, here.
Further help can be found here:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).